Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness

A message from our friends at http://www.asbestos.com/


Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer. One of the primary mesothelioma causes is asbestos exposure. The cancer develops in the mesothelium, a protective membrane that lines three body cavities: the thoracic cavity (pleura), abdominal cavity (peritoneum) and the heart sac (pericardium).

A mesothelioma patient’s prognosis, or the probable course and outcome of a disease’s influence on the body, is influenced by numerous factors. Since a mesothelioma diagnosis often occurs once the cancer has progressed to later stages of development, prognosis is typically poor. However if a patient is diagnosed before the cancer has spread or elects to undergo treatment to combat the cancer, their prognosis may improve.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring toxic mineral that was commonly used throughout the 20th century in thousands of products and many industries. Asbestos is naturally resistant to heat and fire, making it ideal for use in insulation. The mineral was often used in insulation and the fine, flexible fibers were frequently mixed with cement and woven into fabrics. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of serious illnesses such as malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.







Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Ground Zero

Today I found out that I have breast cancer. :-(

I know it’s almost paranoid, but I feel so blessed right now. I have a husband that loves me. I have someone to share my deepest thoughts and fears. I know in the core of my heart that we were meant to be together. I also know that I will share this life and the next with him. I love him dearly and he loves me too.

Up until recently I felt that I had no one to support me and that everything worth living for was lost for me. Today I found out that I am surrounded by people that care and love me. I used to tell my therapist “I don’t have a support system” and guess what, I do after all!

I’m touched by the way Sally tried so hard to control her emotions and helped me feel that she’s someone I can always count on.

I’m happy that I got to tell Gramma myself. I really felt her love and concern in her e-mail.

Emily showed her support in her own unique way. By being funny as heck! I so needed a good laugh!

Annie called and left a sweet message offering to help in any way she could.

Love, all around. Family, at last. I do belong.

I’m so happy and relieved about the way Brian and I can talk about anything and everything in the most sincere way.

I feel so empowered by this right now. I feel that for the first time in a very long time I can use my mind again. I see things so clear!
I can look inwards and be able to interpret things that have evaded an explanation from me for years!

Both of us were able to make such progress today. I feel so much closer to him right now. I LOVE HIM! My goodness, I’m madly in love with my husband and he’s mine to keep for ever! Awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment