Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness

A message from our friends at http://www.asbestos.com/


Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer. One of the primary mesothelioma causes is asbestos exposure. The cancer develops in the mesothelium, a protective membrane that lines three body cavities: the thoracic cavity (pleura), abdominal cavity (peritoneum) and the heart sac (pericardium).

A mesothelioma patient’s prognosis, or the probable course and outcome of a disease’s influence on the body, is influenced by numerous factors. Since a mesothelioma diagnosis often occurs once the cancer has progressed to later stages of development, prognosis is typically poor. However if a patient is diagnosed before the cancer has spread or elects to undergo treatment to combat the cancer, their prognosis may improve.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring toxic mineral that was commonly used throughout the 20th century in thousands of products and many industries. Asbestos is naturally resistant to heat and fire, making it ideal for use in insulation. The mineral was often used in insulation and the fine, flexible fibers were frequently mixed with cement and woven into fabrics. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of serious illnesses such as malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.







Monday, August 2, 2010

A Mess...

I have witnessed a few times in my life the pain associated with the loss of a loved one. The pain of children who lost a loving father and miss him like crazy, or the painful struggle of a mother trying to grasp the reason why their son was killed and taken away so abruptly, while she was left here dealing with feelings of guilt for the rest of her life. Everybody wants to know why, but I believe that those questions will remain unanswered until we face our own end.

I often read about people who have had a near death experience and have lived to tell the story. In almost all cases someone they felt very close to is there to greet them and, luckily for them, send them back. I don’t know what to say about me. I’m thinking that my time left here might not be too long. When I think about if I will have anyone there, on the other side, I get the feeling that I will be lonely. Who’s going to be there for me? I think my options would be very limited.

Don’t get me wrong, I’d love to see my grandparents again, or a few friends that have passed on, but something tells me that my purpose there would, by necessity, be different. I feel that I would have to take the role of the one greeting others who would need guidance when they cross over. I’m not so thrilled about being lonely there for who knows how long, but I know that role would fit my personality. Or maybe, and I don’t mean to be creepy, I could be watching over the people I love and make sure that they’re taken care of.

So then, here comes the other worry. Will I, as a spirit, be trapped here, trying to watch over my children and my husband? I don’t know how I would ever find the strength to let go and move on to the spirit world, when I know that everyone I care about and love deeply will still be here. Maybe I could get free passes to visit every now and then, but I don’t know how things really work over there.

Isn’t it amazing, the things that I think about on a daily basis? I’m so close to death and I know it. Maybe not time wise, hopefully, but the bottom line is that I think about death every single day. Sometimes it scares me, sometimes it makes me sad and sometimes it just baffles me. I have so many unanswered questions! I just wish that I will be able to watch over my family, even if I’m not physically here, one way or another. The truth is that I’ll be sad if I miss on all the important things in their life! I would want to be here and be a part of it all, not just a spectator.

What a mess…

No comments:

Post a Comment