Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness

A message from our friends at http://www.asbestos.com/


Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer. One of the primary mesothelioma causes is asbestos exposure. The cancer develops in the mesothelium, a protective membrane that lines three body cavities: the thoracic cavity (pleura), abdominal cavity (peritoneum) and the heart sac (pericardium).

A mesothelioma patient’s prognosis, or the probable course and outcome of a disease’s influence on the body, is influenced by numerous factors. Since a mesothelioma diagnosis often occurs once the cancer has progressed to later stages of development, prognosis is typically poor. However if a patient is diagnosed before the cancer has spread or elects to undergo treatment to combat the cancer, their prognosis may improve.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring toxic mineral that was commonly used throughout the 20th century in thousands of products and many industries. Asbestos is naturally resistant to heat and fire, making it ideal for use in insulation. The mineral was often used in insulation and the fine, flexible fibers were frequently mixed with cement and woven into fabrics. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of serious illnesses such as malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.







Thursday, June 18, 2009

It’s almost 5:00 am. I’ve been up for about an hour. My stomach hurts and I keep sneezing. My back hurts a little and my feet feel heavy. I don’t think I’ll be able to do much today. I’ll try to get some rest and stay out of everybody’s way.

I finished the sampler yesterday. It looks great! I think I’ll try to work on something else today. It’s a good thing I brought a couple of my unfinished projects with me. Who could have guessed that I would be so productive!

I like it here. It’s peaceful. I can relax and pretend that I don’t have any worries. I’m glad to be away from daily hectic schedules. I can’t help thinking that more than once this stress has caused plenty of momentary lapses of reason and eventually has lead to frenzy panic attacks which are not necessarily always mine. Tough stuff…

I’m just happy that here I can chill and read my book serenely, even if I do get interrupted by the kids every now and then. I choose to put my book down and tend to their needs. I enjoy it.

I think I have somehow managed to associate home with burdens and worries. Being here, although my days are pretty much the same, my load seems a lot lighter, easier.
Of course a big part of it is due to the fact that I share my responsibilities with Sally. Cleaning, cooking, taking care of the kids, I do it here too, but it really helps knowing that there’s more than one person worrying about the exact same things I do. It gives me peace of mind.

I don’t know what the plans of the day are. I’m hoping to rest a little more today. I’m worried that I might be coming down with something. That would really put a damper on my zen-like state of mind, don’t you think!

I’ll go back to reading my book hoping that this will be another uneventful day.

No comments:

Post a Comment