Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness

A message from our friends at http://www.asbestos.com/


Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer. One of the primary mesothelioma causes is asbestos exposure. The cancer develops in the mesothelium, a protective membrane that lines three body cavities: the thoracic cavity (pleura), abdominal cavity (peritoneum) and the heart sac (pericardium).

A mesothelioma patient’s prognosis, or the probable course and outcome of a disease’s influence on the body, is influenced by numerous factors. Since a mesothelioma diagnosis often occurs once the cancer has progressed to later stages of development, prognosis is typically poor. However if a patient is diagnosed before the cancer has spread or elects to undergo treatment to combat the cancer, their prognosis may improve.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring toxic mineral that was commonly used throughout the 20th century in thousands of products and many industries. Asbestos is naturally resistant to heat and fire, making it ideal for use in insulation. The mineral was often used in insulation and the fine, flexible fibers were frequently mixed with cement and woven into fabrics. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of serious illnesses such as malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.







Monday, June 8, 2009

Life after kids

It’s weird being alone with Brian in this big house. It’s been eerily quiet since the kids left for Arizona on Friday.

I wake up every morning thinking that Natalie is going to open my door and crawl into my bed to come and cuddle with me. Then I think about Darian, will he remember to take his medicine, and will David be OK going to scout camp with strangers?

The first day I spent almost my entire time in my room watching TV and napping. I felt tired and unhappy. Brian wanted to talk but I just didn’t have the strength. I was distant and full of doubts. Are we doing the right thing?

Brian was able to get me out of the house yesterday. We went out for lunch and then watched a movie. By the time we came home it was about 7:00 and I was exhausted. I watched silly, mindless shows on TV trying not to think about it much and went to bed around 1:00.

Starting today I plan to have Denise clean the kids’ rooms, one room at a time. They will remain closed until they come back. It’s amazing to see that the house actually stays clean and almost untouched when they’re not around!

It’s only 11:40 and yet I’m very tired. I think I’ll have some lunch and try to get some rest. There’s not much going on. It’s just another quiet day. I’m starting to have doubts about going to Arizona next week. I know I’ll be sick as a dog and useless again. What was I thinking?

No comments:

Post a Comment