Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness

A message from our friends at http://www.asbestos.com/


Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer. One of the primary mesothelioma causes is asbestos exposure. The cancer develops in the mesothelium, a protective membrane that lines three body cavities: the thoracic cavity (pleura), abdominal cavity (peritoneum) and the heart sac (pericardium).

A mesothelioma patient’s prognosis, or the probable course and outcome of a disease’s influence on the body, is influenced by numerous factors. Since a mesothelioma diagnosis often occurs once the cancer has progressed to later stages of development, prognosis is typically poor. However if a patient is diagnosed before the cancer has spread or elects to undergo treatment to combat the cancer, their prognosis may improve.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring toxic mineral that was commonly used throughout the 20th century in thousands of products and many industries. Asbestos is naturally resistant to heat and fire, making it ideal for use in insulation. The mineral was often used in insulation and the fine, flexible fibers were frequently mixed with cement and woven into fabrics. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of serious illnesses such as malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.







Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Unfinished Business

Like clockwork, I go to bed at 9:00 pm, which is 12:00 am in Ohio, wake up at 3:00 am, so 6:00 am my time, then read for a few hours until I get tired and sleep again a couple more.

If I have learned anything all these years that I have been struggling with sleep, it's not to fret about it anymore. I get as much sleep as I can, whenever I can get it and since I started following this rule I have been just fine. I used to be so worried about getting enough sleep and being able to wake up, that the anxiety alone prevented me to relax and close my eyes. I know better now. I sleep when I can, I wake up when I have to, I do whatever is needed to be done and I take naps if I get tired. Perfect!

It’s almost 4:00 am now, I already read my book for about an hour, and I don’t feel like going back to sleep. I don’t know if we have any plans for today, but I was thinking I would like to finish one of my cross stitch projects that I have been working on for ages.
It’s a wedding anniversary sampler that, I kid you not, I think it must be cursed! How else can anyone explain that every single time I start working on it, something happens and I get in a fight with Brian. I think the safest bet is to finish it while we’re apart, and then burn it in order to cleanse the bad spirits or something! Ha! I’ll try to post a picture before I decide what I’m going to do with it.

I have so many unfinished projects and so little time, not to mention energy, to do anything about them. I do like collecting them though. I have so many patterns it would probably take me 3 lifetimes to finish them all, and you know what, that’s just fine by me. I like collecting them and looking at them, sorting them and making CD ROMs where everything is categorized and indexed. Sometimes I think about how nice they would look if I ever finished any of them, but I know that I’ll never find the time. So what’s the harm in that? None, I dare say.

I don’t feel inadequate for not doing it, at least not anymore! I decided long ago I should call myself a collector, and be proud of it too! Like I need more things in my life to feel bad about... I won’t turn my hobbies into nightmares, no sir! LOL!! Every now and then I’ll take some of my unfinished projects out, air them, maybe even add a stitch or two and then nicely fold them and put them back to where they came from.

So this is how life goes on these days. I feel no pressure and I try to live and taste the small moments. There’s always something to learn behind every corner, something to collect, and I want to make good use of my time, without really caring about how much of it I have left.

Works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment