Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness

A message from our friends at http://www.asbestos.com/


Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer. One of the primary mesothelioma causes is asbestos exposure. The cancer develops in the mesothelium, a protective membrane that lines three body cavities: the thoracic cavity (pleura), abdominal cavity (peritoneum) and the heart sac (pericardium).

A mesothelioma patient’s prognosis, or the probable course and outcome of a disease’s influence on the body, is influenced by numerous factors. Since a mesothelioma diagnosis often occurs once the cancer has progressed to later stages of development, prognosis is typically poor. However if a patient is diagnosed before the cancer has spread or elects to undergo treatment to combat the cancer, their prognosis may improve.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring toxic mineral that was commonly used throughout the 20th century in thousands of products and many industries. Asbestos is naturally resistant to heat and fire, making it ideal for use in insulation. The mineral was often used in insulation and the fine, flexible fibers were frequently mixed with cement and woven into fabrics. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of serious illnesses such as malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.







Thursday, October 15, 2009

Laughter is the Best Medicine!

I try so hard to keep a positive attitude. Yet it seems that this too has to be a challenge.

As I witness things falling apart around me, the house looking like a tornado hit it, the kids looking at me with worry in their eyes and my husband hiding his pain from me, I keep repeating the same thing in my mind over and over again: "Don't let this bring you down, don't let it bring you down."

I've made a promise to laugh myself to tears at least once a day. I started 2 days ago. I'm glad that there are so many greek people posting funny things on YouTube, because I've laughed my self silly the past couple of days. Oh, how I had missed a good greek joke! I had forgotten how much I appreciate our kind of humor. It's the best remedy for feeling down. Funny to the point where...bathroom accidents might occur!

I'll let you know how this works. Who knows? It might be true, what they say about laughter...

No comments:

Post a Comment