Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness

A message from our friends at http://www.asbestos.com/


Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer. One of the primary mesothelioma causes is asbestos exposure. The cancer develops in the mesothelium, a protective membrane that lines three body cavities: the thoracic cavity (pleura), abdominal cavity (peritoneum) and the heart sac (pericardium).

A mesothelioma patient’s prognosis, or the probable course and outcome of a disease’s influence on the body, is influenced by numerous factors. Since a mesothelioma diagnosis often occurs once the cancer has progressed to later stages of development, prognosis is typically poor. However if a patient is diagnosed before the cancer has spread or elects to undergo treatment to combat the cancer, their prognosis may improve.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring toxic mineral that was commonly used throughout the 20th century in thousands of products and many industries. Asbestos is naturally resistant to heat and fire, making it ideal for use in insulation. The mineral was often used in insulation and the fine, flexible fibers were frequently mixed with cement and woven into fabrics. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of serious illnesses such as malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.







Thursday, October 8, 2009

Routine

I'm having trouble going to sleep lately. As a consequence of course, I have a hard time waking up early in the morning. When I do manage to get up, I try to help the kids to get out to school. Sometimes, when they run late, I have to drive them. I have to admit I usually do it without really "being there". It's like an out of body experience!

When I get back, I still feel tired most of the times. I retrieve to the couch and spend some more time resting there. If Natalie is already up my work is cut up for me. She's always so full of energy! She wants to play and do all kinds of things. I play tea parties with one eye open, and hear her endless stories somewhere down in my subconscious, nodding yes or no every now and then. I even read her books!

When I finally get up, I start our daily routine, which consists mainly of me picking up the mess certain males in this household leave all over the place. It irritates me to think that there are 5 people living in this house, and only one cleaning up after everybody. What's even worse is that on the days that I don't feel very well, their mess accumulates, making it a nightmare for the days that I actually have a little energy left in me and decide to get up and start cleaning. I have to spend my entire morning picking up toys, garbage, empty plates, cups and silverware, wash dishes and wipe down sticky counters and tables. Of course after doing all that, it's time for them to come back home, and lo and behold, things start getting out of place again and I just feel useless and wiped out. That's when I hate my life the most.

My best times? When I spend time with the kids doing the things they like. I search for new music and funny video clips on the PC with David, play board games and cards with Darian, and do endless crafts with Natalie, as she's always into making something new and pretty.

So I better go and start making those crafts! Today she wants to make Christmas cards. It should be fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment