Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness

A message from our friends at http://www.asbestos.com/


Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer. One of the primary mesothelioma causes is asbestos exposure. The cancer develops in the mesothelium, a protective membrane that lines three body cavities: the thoracic cavity (pleura), abdominal cavity (peritoneum) and the heart sac (pericardium).

A mesothelioma patient’s prognosis, or the probable course and outcome of a disease’s influence on the body, is influenced by numerous factors. Since a mesothelioma diagnosis often occurs once the cancer has progressed to later stages of development, prognosis is typically poor. However if a patient is diagnosed before the cancer has spread or elects to undergo treatment to combat the cancer, their prognosis may improve.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring toxic mineral that was commonly used throughout the 20th century in thousands of products and many industries. Asbestos is naturally resistant to heat and fire, making it ideal for use in insulation. The mineral was often used in insulation and the fine, flexible fibers were frequently mixed with cement and woven into fabrics. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of serious illnesses such as malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.







Saturday, May 2, 2009

In the Arms of Morpheus

I woke up early this morning. I got ready to go to the clinic for the shot. I had to wait a while, but finally my turn came and I went in and got the shot on my arm. I didn't even feel it, but they said I had to wait there for another 15 minutes, since this was my first time and they had to make sure I didn't have any allergic reactions. I was fine.

I came home around 11:30 and it was almost time for David's baseball game. I was too tired to go. In fact I put Natalie down for a nap and went in my room at about 12:30 and didn't wake up until almost 6:00! Holy cow! I hadn't realized that I was that tired!

So the day is almost gone and I haven't accomplished anything, other than maybe writing those few words, and making something for the kids to eat. I've been up for about an hour and a half and I already feel tired again! I can't understand how this is possible! I'll try to read my book and stay awake. This is ridiculous!

No comments:

Post a Comment