Mesothelioma Cancer Awareness

A message from our friends at http://www.asbestos.com/


Mesothelioma is a rare and aggressive cancer. One of the primary mesothelioma causes is asbestos exposure. The cancer develops in the mesothelium, a protective membrane that lines three body cavities: the thoracic cavity (pleura), abdominal cavity (peritoneum) and the heart sac (pericardium).

A mesothelioma patient’s prognosis, or the probable course and outcome of a disease’s influence on the body, is influenced by numerous factors. Since a mesothelioma diagnosis often occurs once the cancer has progressed to later stages of development, prognosis is typically poor. However if a patient is diagnosed before the cancer has spread or elects to undergo treatment to combat the cancer, their prognosis may improve.
Asbestos is a naturally occurring toxic mineral that was commonly used throughout the 20th century in thousands of products and many industries. Asbestos is naturally resistant to heat and fire, making it ideal for use in insulation. The mineral was often used in insulation and the fine, flexible fibers were frequently mixed with cement and woven into fabrics. Exposure to asbestos can result in the development of serious illnesses such as malignant mesothelioma, lung cancer and asbestosis.







Friday, May 15, 2009

I've felt better the past few days, I had a little more energy than usual, until today that is.
I woke up early, when the kids were about to leave for school. Last night I noticed that my feet were very swollen, which is bad news for me especially with the blood clots, but I laid down and kept my feet high on a pillow all night and this morning they were a lot better.

We had a pretty fun Mother's day. We went to church and it was really nice to see everybody.
William came down from Dayton and he made dinner and a delicious lemon cake for Sally and me. I really admire his talent and energy. He loves cooking and he's so good at it too! Some lucky girl out there will never have to worry about making dinner when this guy gets married.

I miss having Sally here already! She left early this morning, and I feel bad because I was asleep and I didn't get to say goodbye and most of all thank her again for coming. She worked so hard when she was here! I feel horrible I couldn't be of more help, but she has turned things around for us. Now we can at least say we can maintain a clean house, and the garden out in the front yard looks great mainly because she kept everyone busy doing their share! Before the work that needed to be done around here, was way beyond my, or Brian's, capabilities. So, a big thank you to Grandma for helping us survive this crazy time!

Denise, the girl who helps around the house, came and helped me today. She folded all the clothes in my bedroom and stacked them in the new shelves that Brian put into our closet.
We also put a ton of Natalie's books in boxes. There's still a lot to be done around here, but I'm hoping that we can do a little every day.

I felt pretty tired all day. When Brian came home around 6:00 pm I was finally able to drift away and sleep while he was laying right next to me. His voice is so soothing!
I woke up at 10:30 pm so one would expect that I'd be up most of the night, but believe it or not, I feel tired again and I think I'm ready to go to sleep again.

I went downstairs and "played" with my beads again. I bought some new containers so I've spent quite some time trying to organize everything. I also took another look at the stuff that Annie sent me. I've never really done any serious card making or scrapbooking, but those things from Stamping Up look so pretty and fun I can't wait to start my first project. They're awesome! Annie you're so sweet and thoughtful. Thanks!

Emily sent me the "Marley and Me" DVD which I really enjoyed, and a Chia Obama "pet" in a terracotta style plant pot. From what I read it has been pulled off the shelves of several stores because it was considered racist and disrespectful, since the President's head sprouts afro-like hair when vegetation grows out of the top of it! Ha, I still think it's hilarious, so thanks Emily!

And have I told you about the funny pictures that my nieces and nephews send me every now and then to cheer me up? They're so cute! In fact I think I'm going to start posting them so everybody can see them. I shouldn't be the only one to benefit from such cuteness, but I'll have to ask Matt and Ann first. :-)

So that's it for now. It's 1:35 am so I better get back to bed. I'm glad it's Friday tomorrow.
I think that Brian and I might be able to watch Angels and Deamons. I hope it's not as disappointing as Da Vinci Code was.

Kalinyhta!

No comments:

Post a Comment